Run the following command to verify the configuration
docker exec collectord-cloudwatch /collectord verify
The output fill look similar to
Version = 6.0.300 Build date = 190311 Environment = docker General: + conf: OK + db: OK + db-meta: OK + instanceID: OK instanceID = 2M5FDLFDAH1A0V2N6IQ941G6KG + license load: OK + license expiration: OK + license connection: OK Docker configuration: + connect: OK containers = 6 + path: OK + files: OK File Inputs: + input(logs): OK path /rootfs/var/log/ x input(syslog): FAILED no matches x input(journald): FAILED err = stat /rootfs/var/log/journal/: no such file or directory Errors: 2
With the number of the errors at the end. In our example we show output from Docker for mac, where we see some invalid configurations, like
input(syslog)- there is no syslog messages for Docker for Mac
input(journald)- there is no journald logs for Docker for Mac
Collect diagnostic information
If you need to open a support case you can collect diagnostic information, including performance, metrics and configuration.
1. Collect diagnostics information run following command
The following command takes several minutes.
docker exec collectord-cloudwatch /collector diag --stream 1>diag.tar.gz
You can extract a tar archive to verify the information that we collect. We include information about performance, memory usage, basic telemetry metrics, information file with the information of the host Linux version and basic information about the license.
2. Collect logs
docker logs --details --timestamps collectord-cloudwatch 1>collectord-cloudwatch.log 2>&1
3. Run verify
docker exec collectord-cloudwatch /collectord verify > verify.log
4. Prepare tar archive
tar -czvf collectord-cloudwatch-$(date +%s).tar.gz verify.log collectord-cloudwatch.log diag.tar.gz
- Setup centralized Logging in 5 minutes.
- Automatically forward host, container and application logs.
- Test our solution with the 30 days evaluation license.
- Forwarding application logs.
- Multi-line container logs.
- Fields extraction for application and container logs (including timestamp extractions).
- Hiding sensitive data, stripping terminal escape codes and colors.
- Advanced configurations for collectord.
- Troubleshooting steps.
- Verify configuration.